Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, October 18, 2013

Simple Fall Front Porch



We've had a lot of rainy and windy weather over here, so sharing our Fall front porch has been a bit of a challenge. I did manage a few photos on a beautiful (though very breezy) afternoon this past week.
I've kept it simple, just adding a little cozy charm with things I already had around here, including some rust, rocks and a little whimsy : )
 



{My nearly 3-year-old door mat is looking pretty worn, but I'm not spending money on a new one just now. I thought I'd try just turning it over to the natural colored reverse side. New look without spending any money-you know I like that!}








The old chair stays on the front porch year round. I added the rusted out galvanized tub. This old tub has served a lot of purposes over many years, and several homes. I think I originally had flowers planted in it 'way back when'. More recently it has served as a place to coil up the garden hose. 

The large rustic wood piece (what is that thing, anyway?) was a roadside find several months ago. 

The chunky candle in the old pickle jar is a regular around here, no matter the season. An upturned galvanized farm bucket serves as a perfectly simple candle stand.




If you've ever had any email correspondence with me, you know that Nuthouse is my email address. It's an old family joke that just "stuck". My sister bought us this sign many years ago, and I put it out every Fall.









Another chunky candle in an old jar, some pine cones and leaves  sit inside a rustic old farm basket on the porch steps. 




My simple Fall wreath started with the basic grapevine wreath that I use for every season. 
I attached the wooden initial with a few spots of hot glue and added a pretty green and brown ribbon (repurposed many times over) and a tiny garland made from Fall oak leaves we used for decor at my daughter's Autumn wedding two years ago.




















Simple and rustic seems to be the Fall theme over here this year. I guess I'm just in the mood to keep things easy and low-key and not spend any money {smile}.

I'm sure glad you stopped by for a little visit to our Fall front porch, friends!


Jeanette


Sharing this week over at:

Be Inspired at Common Ground 
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage 
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
The Scoop  
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life 
Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House 
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House 
Share Your Cup Thursday at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson 
Fall Junkers United Party at Chipping With Charm 
Tutorials Tips and Tidbits at StoneGable 

12 comments:

  1. I like your entrance. You have a creative imagination and I enjoyed looking at your pictures. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity of your fall decor. It makes it seem so much more welcoming.

    Thanks for your visit! I'm a new follower ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Jeanette, I love your nut house sign too, I think we need one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, and it is so inviting. Simple and free! I like it

    ReplyDelete
  5. That stump is a great idea! I totally want one now for my tiny porch nook. What a great way to elevate the pumpkins...would be neat in a cluster of 3 heights too.

    ♥Lisney

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Welcome to the Nut House. Adorable and I love galvanized anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love love love your wreath, your porch looks so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks so pretty and I love the simplicity of it. Perfect and not overdone. Lovely. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your entryway! It is very welcoming. That rusted out tub is awesome! Love the pickle jar idea! I may have to copy that!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simplistic beauty Jeanette. I love it all! From the rustic chair, the pumpkin in the tub and the upturned bucket candle holder. Great job on the wreath too! Thanks for sharing it with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for linking up to our party--great ideas! I pinned it to our fall junkers unite board!

    ReplyDelete
  12. See komplekt on 100% puuvillane ja mugav kanda,
    Iga komplekt on eraldi pakendatud.

    Komplekt sisaldab:
    1 lühikeste varrukatega t-särk,
    1 libisemine,
    1 paar sokke ja

    Suurus: XXL
    Hind: € 1,65 / komplekt Asbesti kombinesoon Cat 3 tĂĽĂĽp 5/6

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!