Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, February 17, 2014

It's All About the Flowers!

It's crazy how this happens. 

I really had no thought of re-doing the living room this past week. 




Other than feeling a little tired of the Vintage Door Mantel behind the electric fireplace, I was happily in the post-holiday-let-it-rest phase. Honest!

Then it hit me. That "thing" that makes me suddenly so unhappy with a room, that I must try to do something to change things up. 

Even if it's 10:00 at night. 

Saturday evening I had the sudden urge to empty the living room and start over. Really, there's just no telling when it will strike. All of a sudden I find myself...




...taking things down, pushing furniture around, swapping the farmhouse cabinet and the big yellow bookshelf to opposite walls. The ugly, old, stained-beyond-help rug was hauled to the basement (kids cheering). 

Unfortunately, the "big brown beast" of a sectional will be staying for awhile. 

That is, unless some kind soul wishes to gift me a white slipcovered sofa? {wink wink} : )



It's always been this way for me. 

My mom could happily leave a room the way it is for years. When I was a teenager I drove my parents crazy when they would come home from work to discover I had rearranged a room. 

Usually, they made me put it right back the way it was...sigh. 

















Anyway, when the mood strikes me for change, I usually just go for it. I'm still deciding if I will add the third piece to the sectional. Or maybe I'll take the two-cushion section out and put a chair in here? 

As always, I'll be "shopping" my house, and trying to repurpose some time-worn things into new pieces. 



Why am I showing you my disheveled, in-process living room today? 

Well, for the flowers, of course! 






My friend left this bucket of gorgeous flowers at my house yesterday!

They kind of make even a messy space look bright and happy, don't you think? 

In the midst of the mess, focus on the pretty :)

Stay tuned, I'll be back soon to show you how the living room turns out, and share some other things I've been tweaking around here.

Jeanette


p.s.- Have you visited Creating a Life on Facebook and Pinterest?

It's another fun way to connect! 


Sharing this week at
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House
The Scoop at Cedar Hill Farmhouse
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Share Your Cup Thursday at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson
Be Inspired at Common Ground
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Fridays Unfolded at Nancherrow
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

21 comments:

  1. Jeanette
    I love when that happens. Everything looks so beautiful and inviting. What a perfect finish a bucket filled with lovely flowers. Have a wonderful week my sweet friend. Love Kate xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers look so nice! I think we are all yearning for spring and trying to "hurry it up" inside our houses when we can. You are a good writer--I love that your children cheered when you took out the old rug. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was constantly moving my bedroom around when I was a child and it made my parents so angry because two of the major pieces of furniture were built to exactly fit along certain walls. I didn't let that stop me.

    I used to change my classroom at least twice each quarter and my students liked my changes, but the principal teased me a lot.

    I guess that is why I am change my vignettes so frequently. There are just so few ways I can change the furniture around our little cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, once that little thought of changing things creeps in, it's pretty much inevitable. I love changing things around too ~ makes it all seem new and fresh again. Your room looks great so far and the flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am like you- when the inspiration strikes I say go for it! LOVE the flowers from your friend. What a fun thing to be surprised with. Your brown sectional really doesn't look so bad, Jeanette. It does look very comfortable...and you could put a couple of white throws tossed here and there on it if you wanted a lighter look. Bet the kids are enjoying their new basement rug! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. When inspiration strikes, we have to act on it...no matter what time of day!!! We're all so much alike which is why I love my blogging friends. Makes me feel very normal. :-)) Love what you've done so far in your living room. The gorgeous bucket of flowers makes it look so fresh and alive!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks wonderful and the flowers are fabulous. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeanette,
    I lové how you just go with the flow...I had to laugh when you said you would change your family house around to your parents surprise; I too would do just as you, move pieces around thinking my ideas were way better. My mother knew that my life career was headed in the direction of interior designs :)

    I adore your independence in creating with what you have, what you may salvage, and what you may find. Keep inspiring you home and family with the beauty you create with what you come across, it's a life lesson to your children.
    Beautiful week in all you do and receive.

    Xoxo
    Doré

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is always nice to have a little change...makes everything feel new again! Lovely room and the flowers bring it all together!
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty, and I love the fresh flowers. My mom never rearranges the furniture either and it drives me crazy, mine changes at least once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jeanette, Im a new follower now. So glad you found my blog Little putty little paint because I then came to your site and glad I did! Cant wait to see more of what you are tweaking. Love the fresh flowers. They do refresh anyroom.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to see the room when you are all done tweaking it!!
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your flowers are just gorgeous-what a thoughtful gift! I'm like you...if something in my decor is bothering me, I have to fix it NOW-ha! I'm sure your 'new' room will look amazing. :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your room is cute and simple, and the flowers are perfect!

    Your new follower,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous flowers! I can't wait to see how the room turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just gorgeous. I love those flowers so pretty. I love the way the room came out. I am so with you with changing things up and it hits when you least expect it!! Looks great.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love rearranging my rooms. And yours looks lovely! Would love for you to share at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks great! Such a pretty bouquet of flowers. I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jeanette, I've always loved moving furniture around too. Although some of my rooms really can't be changed much. So I just constantly change the décor. lol! Your room looks inviting and the flowers are gorgeous! thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm sure your room would look lovely any way you arrange it. I get that urge every now and then and I'm usually afraid to start because I'd never stop.

    ReplyDelete
  21. See komplekt on 100% puuvillane ja mugav kanda,
    Iga komplekt on eraldi pakendatud.

    Komplekt sisaldab:
    1 lühikeste varrukatega t-särk,
    1 libisemine,
    1 paar sokke ja

    Suurus: XXL
    Hind: € 1,65 / komplekt Komplekti aluspesu puuvillane suvine asbest

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!